Saturday, February 5, 2011

That It All Works Out the Way Its Meant to Be

Thank you for all the comments and support on my last post. :) Just to clarify, I'm not jealous or bitter about my sister at all - I love her to death and I'm so proud of her, almost like she's my daughter. Sometimes, though, I just let my own insecurities get in the way of how I view my own self worth.

Sooo...yesterday's calender:

Which was perfect because I needed to start my 9 page term paper. Fun, fun! I know I said before that I like writing papers and that is very true - except it's a bit hard to be motivated when I also like catching up on this:

And this:
I don't watch alot of TV, usually. The morning news, FoodNetwork, and HGTV are pretty much it. But, every once in a while I go on Hulu and watch one of these. They're hilarious and good to watch when you need a laugh.

Aside from paper writing and mindless TV show watching, I've made alot of yummy food lately - if I do say so my self. ;)

My sister's b-day cake:


It's called a Tres Leches Cake. It was really rich, but really good. I should say that I ate some! In fact I always eat everything I make, even if its just a few bites (although, usually its more than that!) I eat dessert everyday and I always have, even when I was the most sick. Honestly, I think that's how I was able to somewhat survive the whole time. (Oh, yeah, we replaced the pecans shown in the cookbook with chocolate pieces.)

My sister and I like to experiment with different types of food. Here's our version of Indonesian fried rice:


South American themed fish cooked in paper w/ corn cakes and, of course, kale chips!


A mint chocolate-chip meringue that I ate at work:
(Not the best picture I guess, I'd already eaten part of it, lol)

We're giving out samples of this cereal at work, so of course I had to take one:

I love the little box! I haven't tasted it yet, but my boss said its really good. :)

And just so you know that I don't always where frumpy clothes and have messy hair while I hold up random items to my webcam:

(Ok, my hair's still messy :p)

Have an amazing weekend everyone!
<3

6 comments:

  1. The food looks really good! Yum Yum! Oh, I never thought you were jealous of your sister. I understood where you were coming from.

    Fear not, you are safe here so feel free to write about anything. Hugs!

    Have a lovely weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the sister thing--I feel the same way with my little sister. I guess it's just something 'big' sisters do :) Oh, and by the way, I love The Office too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake came out really nice. I love the chocolate pieces! Me and my sister have a solid relationship too - I admire your concern for her! It seems to me like you're a good role model, though. =)

    Have a great weekend and good luck on that paper! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a radiating smile, it makes me smile :)

    That cake looks great! Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. It is encouraging to hear from someone who has struggled yet is better because of their struggles. :D

    Wow! Yummy food! I love how creative you are! That cake looks PERFECT! Indonesian fried rice sounds amazing! I will have to try that out! I cooked fish in a bag a couple weeks ago and it turned out really nice and moist. Mmm. I love fish! And you look beautiful in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the cake looks absolutely beautiful. Good for you for having some! Actually, all of the food looks amazing. You look so pretty in that last picture by the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete