Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bloom In a Garden of Love


A quick post to let you all know that I'm still here! I have one more final on Tuesday and then spring break. YAY!

I've had a pleasant couple of weeks, despite frantic studying and long test taking. Of course not everything is perfect, but that's what life is about, right? Taking the good and the bad, together.

We've (meaning my family and I) been working on home-improvement projects and yard work. I actually really love working around the house. It reminds me of my childhood, when we were constantly moving and fixing up whichever house we happened to live in at the time. I know more about kitchen and backyard remodeling than any person my age should and I'm very comfortable navigating the aisles of Home Depot! haha


I wish this was our yard! (source)

My mom has a green thumb so we always try to have gardens, both vegetable and flower. Right now we're making a little patio and gravel walkway in the side yard. Maybe I'll have pictures when its finished.

Do any of you like gardening?
Have you ever been involved in a home renovation? My family's done 5 major ones and countless little projects.

Anyway, I have a few topics that I really want to write about, so during spring break I might actually have the time!!

*hugs* to all!
<3

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are having wonderful few weeks!

    Yes, I LOVE LOVE gardening. I can't wait for the weather to finally warm up so we can set up our patio garden.

    Stu (my fiance) and I grew Jalapenos, tomatoes, herbs, and cucumbers last summer. The cucumbers did not work out. Drats.

    SO this summer, we are sticking with herbs, jalapenos, tomatoes and trying something new! I am excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're planning on starting a garden as soon as the ground is ready (today was 80 - really odd for Wisconsin - so I think we'll be starting soon!). I look forward to lots and lots of fresh tomatoes this summer and I really want to learn how to garden.

    I wish you the best of luck with your tests and try not to stress too much over them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for spring break! Mine was a few weeks ago and it was great to unwind after midterms. I've never actually done any gardening, my family's never had a garden for some reason, maybe because I live in such a dry state! But I've always wanted to have a fruit and vegetable garden. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo I am so curious now!! Where do you skate? And where did you judge?!

    Good luck on your last finals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great garden picture; I wish I was more into it! home depot is so inspiring

    ReplyDelete