Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sing to Me the Song of the Stars

I feel better today.  I'm still worried about everything, but I know that it will get better.  It always does, even though it's not always apparent right away.  I just have to keep telling myself that everything doesn't have to be perfect.  Yes, I will stress out about school because I care.  I will fight with people I love because I care - about them and (surprise!) about myself.   I cry afterward because I'm empathic and I feel what the other person is going through (in this case my mom).  I'm not trying to be self-righteous, but I think alot of people with an ED can relate.  From what I've read, many of us seem to rather shy and quiet, but extremely sensitive and "feeling" even if we don't know how to express that to those ("real" people) around us.  I think in some ways, though, sensitivity is a gift, albeit one that takes a long time to learn how to use.  I don't think I've figured it out yet, but I'm slowly learning.  I definitely take inspiration from all the wonderful people with blogs!

Speaking of which...
I'm really starting to love you guys. You're all awesome for taking the time to read and comment.  I know that's what we're all here for, but to actually see it is pretty special. So thank you!! :)

After that love fest ;)...

Right now I might have a slight obsession with persimmons.  Here's a pic of part of yesterday's lunch:

Not the best shot, but I was at work. And, yes, I did bring the whole jar of cinnamon to work with me. ;) 

And here is a persimmon-cranberry bundt cake that I had for breakfast today with some yogurt.  Yum!

(Er...My cat isn't actually licking it and we don't normally let our pets on the table...)


And lastly, Formspring me!!!  I got it a couple of months ago, then forgot about it.  Might as well resurrect it now. 
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!<3

4 comments:

  1. This post is a perfect timing because I've just typed up a post about "feeling" emotions especially sadness.

    I've never thought that way about crying until I read your post today. It never struck me that crying is a form of care.

    But you are right.

    It is.

    I agree with you; I am a very sensitive person and very empathetic. I don't know if it is because of my personality or life experiences or something else. I have also noticed this trait in many others who are following my blog. :)

    The picture of your cat was priceless--made me laugh so hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, I'm really glad you realized that everything can't be perfect all the time. That's just life. Life is hard sometimes, but it's worth living because there can be so many moments that take our breath away.

    I'm like you, I'm empatheic and really sensitive. But I'm glad we can all work together and get out our frustrations and feel better(:

    Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better(: & thanks for always leaving encouraging positive comments on my blog. It really does mean a lot.
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of your cat and the cake ( which by the way looks delicious)! MMmmmm!! I love cinnamon! One of my favorites.

    I've been crying a lot lately but like Ashley never really thought of is as caring! But now that I look back on some of the reasons why I was crying - right on.

    You are also very right about being sensitive and empathetic, though when I feel vulnerable I try to put on a hard unfeeling shell...I'm trying to break off of that because I know that's not completely me deep down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who eats cake for breakfast! Since I've been in recovery and am now trusted enough to not have to stick exactly to the meal plan, I must admit cake does feature as a breakfast food. My mother says it doesn't matter what I have just as long as I eat breakfast. Slightly flawed reasoning, but sometimes you just have to eat desert first. :)

    And your cat is gorgeous. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete